“Change your address – not your lifestyle.”
Join us at the Croft Home and enjoy a relaxed and varied lifestyle.
Continue to enjoy your friendships, hobbies and interests, with quality care and practical support on hand where and when you need it.
The Croft Home offers the full range of options from retirement village and apartments through to rest home, hospital care, specialist dementia care and palliative care. Our caring, friendly and professionally qualified staff are on hand 24/7 to provide the level of support you need. All Presbyterian Support South Canterbury homes have multi-disciplinary teams, with staff focused on providing respectful, client-centred quality care to residents.
Owned and operated by Presbyterian Support South Canterbury (PSSC), The Croft Home has a proud tradition of providing excellence in care, with residential services in high demand.
The Croft Residential Aged Care Rest Home (or The Croft as it is known locally) is a modern, purpose built facility on one of Timaru’s most well known historical sites, The Croft Complex at 12 Park Lane. The Croft Home enjoys a park-like setting amongst mature trees and well established gardens, commanding some of the best mountain to sea views that Timaru has to offer, with stunning vistas of the Southern Alps.
As with all our facilities, residents from all backgrounds and cultures are warmly welcomed to share this next phase of their life with us at the Croft Home. Our caring team do all we can to help residents and families experience a positive transition, welcoming family input into helping residents settle into their new home.
Everything You Need….
The Croft Complex offers an extensive range of services and facilities – most available to both rest home and retirement village residents*.
Nearby amenities are excellent and easily accessible.
Care & Staffing
Care & Staffing
- registered nursing staff – available on site 24/7
- blended care (rest home) – stay in the room you have chosen, whatever level of care you need. As your needs change, additional care or services come to you, no need to move to a different part of the site (dementia unit excepted)
- specialist care (rest home) – our caring and professional staff are trained in many aspects of specialist care including end of life / palliative care, gastronomy / nasogastric management, oxygen management, wound care, infection control, continence etc.
- respite care – all PSSC facilities offer respite care
- podiatrist, physiotherapist, dietician, occupational therapist – visit the Croft Home on a regular basis
- GP visits – quarterly and/or as required
- award winning food service (rest home) – Presbyterian Support South Canterbury (PSSC) facilities are known for their high standard of meals. Home cooked style menus are diverse, with frequently changing options. Buffet dining is a popular feature in our homes, with residents free to eat whatever, and how much, they want. Our talented Food Services team were honoured with first equal in the benchmarking innovation delivery award and runner-up in the excellence in food service at the New Zealand Aged Care Association Conference’s Annual Excellence Awards, September 2014
- rest home rooms – large, with en-suites, varying features available such as courtyard access, various sizes and configurations, residents are actively encouraged to bring favourite belongings to help personalise their rooms
- associated Rest Home facilities – Margaret Wilson Home and Wallingford Home
- Download information brochure here
- visiting – family and friends welcome at any time of the day, at your convenience. Well mannered pets are also welcome to visit, and regularly do so.
- family areas – enjoy a special meal with visiting family, relax in one of our many courtyards or invite the grandkids to join in a craft activity – The Croft, like all our facilities, is family focused and child friendly
- outings & activity programmes – active, interesting, vibrant and fun weekly programmes designed for enjoyment, social engagement and stimulation
- pets – small pets welcome by arrangement (all of our facilities have animals living on site such as cats and birds, dogs bring their owners in for visits regularly)
- transport – The Croft Complex has a comfortable mini-van with hoist for use for arranged outings. For private transport arrangements, the Croft is regularly serviced by Timaru Taxis, with personal driver services such as Driving Miss Daisy also available. Regular bus services are available from Wai-iti Road, a few minutes walk from the Croft Complex
- shopping – Highfield Village Mall (supermarket and shopping centre) is located a few minutes walk away, or a couple of minutes by car. The Timaru CBD and shopping area is approximately 5 mins by car. Northtown Mall is also less than 5 minutes drive away
- postal services – the mailbox available to residents for outgoing mail is cleared regularly. Incoming mail is delivered to residents. Additional
- postal services are available nearby at both Highfield Villlage Mall and Northtown Mall
- walking tracks, gardens and courtyards – enjoyable routes through the park-like grounds with plenty of tranquil spaces to sit, relax, read, chat or just soak in the environment
- volunteers – our olunteers play an essential role in the care we provide and provide an important community link to many facets of our work. Volunteer roles are varied and rewarding, with new volunteer enquiries always welcome
- hairdressing salon – our hairdresser runs the Croft in-house salon and is available for appointments every Wednesday.
- TV – SKY in the Croft Home, all residents rooms have TV connections (able to be connected to pay TV)
- telephone – connections in each room and cordless phones also available for residents use
- library – small onsite library and regular service from Timaru library
- Chaplain & Church Services – The Croft Complex welcomes regular weekly services from local churches. Presbyterian Support also has its own Chaplain who visits The Croft on a weeky basis, as requested and will also visit residents in hospital. Residents are encouraged to continue their religious affiliations out in the community
- Kaumatua – available by arrangement
- social worker – available as required
- language – English is spoken at all Presbyterian Support South Canterbury Homes. In some cases staff are able to converse in other languages
Highest Level of Certification
Highest Level of Certification
Acknowledged as one of the best rest homes in New Zealand, the Croft Home has achieved the highest level of certification for rest homes in New Zealand – the maximum four year Ministry of Health Certification period, following an independent audit by Health & Disability Auditing New Zealand (HDANZ). The audit process includes reviews of policies and procedures, observation of how services were provided to residents, surveys of and meetings with residents and families, plus interviews with rest home management.
The Eden Alternative® Philosophy
The Eden Alternative® Philosophy
Presbyterian Support South Canterbury embraces the Eden Alternative Philosophy. We positively supporting residents in many ways to actively combat loneliness, helplessness and boredom – the “Three Plagues” that account for the bulk of suffering amongst Elders.
From when to get up in the morning, whether to go on outings, which hobbies and interests to pursue or what to eat for dinner, we support all our residents in their personal choices.
The Eden guiding principles provide inspiration for residents, staff and volunteers in empowering residents to maintain their independence and make the most out daily life, regardless of where they live.
Find out more about our Eden journey.
The Croft Home provides care options to meet all requirements of residents and their families.