Child & Family Psychologist
The Family Works South Canterbury child psychologist is trained in the areas of mental health, welfare and education and provides specialist help for children, young people and their families / whanau.
We help children, young people and their families with the challenges of:
- mild to moderate mental health difficulties such as depression or anxiety
- learning difficulties
- problems with toileting or sleeping
- behavioural problems e.g violence, sexualised behaviour
- family relationships e.g divorce/separation, grief
- developmental concerns e.g autism
This help involves:
- assessing the needs of the child/young person and their families
- liaising with schools and community agencies
- providing intervention where appropriate
Support for parents is an important part of our work in this area. A contribution towards the cost of this service will apply.
Contact us to find out more about our Child Psychologist services