Support for your family
Conflict, difficult behaviours, family relationships, parenting, stress, anxiety, poverty and family violence are just some of the issues that families can face.
Often the issues can get overwhelming and it makes a big difference to receive some support.
Family Works South Canterbury has trained and experienced social workers who can walk alongside you and your children / family to:
- work through complex problems and emotions
- explore new ideas or different strategies
- support you to make positive and lasting changes
We recognise that every family has strengths and we will help you build on those strengths to achieve your goals.
Our family social workers can help you with:
- parent – child relationships
- managing your child’s behaviours
- parenting skills and education
- dealing with family violence
- resolving family conflict
- encouraging positive family relationships
- reconnecting with your community or family
We can also help you:
- connect with other agencies, community, government, and legal services for assistance
- advocate on your behalf and support you in working with other agencies and services
- provide you with information on other Family Works services and programmes that could help you and your family
Our Family Works social workers are trained and experienced in supporting families, parents and children.
The help we provide is confidential, professional, friendly and in most cases free of charge.
SWiS (Social Workers in Schools)
Our Family Works SWiS (Social Workers in Schools) team work in a similar way within several local schools, supporting primary school students with opportunities for positive change.
More About Social Workers in Schools
Contact us to find out more about Family Social Work