Negotiating the Minefield Parenting Support Programme
If your teenager is moody, defiant, reactive or stressed, as a parent you may feel bewildered, confused, frustrated or shell shocked! If family life with your teen resembles a battleground, then the Family Works “Negotiating the Minefield” teen parenting programme may be for you.
In a positive, supportive and confidential environment, over six weeks you will learn about:
- understanding your teenager and the adolescent brain
- staying in control and developing strategies to help your sanity
- engaging and communicating with your teen, including reprogramming automatic responses
- contracts, negotiating and staying firm
- problem solving techniques and developing win/win situations
- supporting your teen to develop more appropriate responses to life and have greater life options
Parenting teens is challenging – you are not alone!
Negotiating the Minefields empowers parents to use the skills and resources you already have.
You’ll gain valuable insights from other parents as you discuss strategies and share experiences.
Evening and day programmes over six weeks run each school term.
Pre enrolments are essential.
Register now for the next Negotiating the Minefields programme in your area
Find out about other Family Works parenting programmes for parents of younger children.
Contact us for other parenting help or support.