Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
A family crisis or an unexpected change in a family situation can leave any one of us to look after grandchildren for a period of time, or even permanently. This requires a significant adjustment to the children’s lives and yours as a grandparent. The Grandparents raising Grandchildren group can support you by:
- Providing emotional and practical support for grandparents as carers
- Provide a place to share knowledge and friendship
- Provide a safe place to discuss issues and challenges
- Provide practical support and advocacy
- Help link grandparents to community services, activities and events
- Raise public awareness about Grandparents raising Grandchildren
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Groups are a good place to get ideas, information and emotional support from others who are, or have been in a similar situation and therefore understand how you are feeling.
How can we help?
The Grandparents Raising Grandchildren’s group meets on the last Monday of the month at Family Works, 26 North Street Timaru from 10am to 12pm.
If you are caring full time for your grandchildren or family member’s children, and would like to know more about our support group contact Family Works
The group meets monthly, contact us to find out more or join the group.