We are currently not accepting anymore donations.
We are very appreciative of the generosity that the Timaru community have demonstrated, but are not able to accept anymore donations at this time – thank you.
Items that we welcome to be donated include:
- Bike helmets & bike chains
- Rice cooker
- Large cooking pots
- Warm blankets for bedding (woollen blankets, duvets)
- Double pram for two toddlers
- Wok/Fry pans
- Wooden spoons/spatulas/large serving spoons/tongs
- Linen (clean & good condition, or new)
- Pillows (new only, please)
- Pillow cases (new only, please)
- Towels (good condition, or new)
- Stationary (paper, pens)
- Pot plants
- Bicycles/scooters/tricycles and helmets
We would gratefully accept the below listed winter items for our families. The items we are looking for would be suitable for adult males, adult females, boys (age range 4 – 19) and girls (age range 2-15).
Providing cash/gift cards will assist our newly arrived former refugees to purchase specific items that they may need to help them set up. This may include household items, clothing, food or school supplies.
Suggested stores: The Warehouse, Countdown, New World, Warehouse Stationary, Briscoes.
Items not required:
Thank you, but we do not currently need these items: Second hand pillows; Beds and mattresses; Lounge suites; Bedside drawers; Dressers/Tall boys; Dining room table and chairs; Heaters or White ware.
These lists will be updated regularly as items of need are identified.
If you have items you would like to donate please contact the Refugee Settlement Services office to arrange a time to drop off items.