Family Violence Services
If you or someone you know is affected by family violence – we can help.
Family Works South Canterbury works actively to help and support women and children who are (and have been) affected by family violence.
Our support involves:
- Wrap Around family Violence service
- training and support programmes for families and children
- working alongside other community organisations to spread awareness, facilitate support and reduce family violence
Wrap Around Family Violence Service
Family Works South Canterbury offers a range of Family Violence services and options to help and support families and children affected by Family Violence. We will support you, work with you to understand your situation and help you come up with a plan to help you and your children stay safe.
This can include:
- practical (and emergency) help and support
- social work and coordination services for you and your family
- counselling for your and your children
- linking you to and supporting you to work with other related services
If you have immediate safety concerns for yourself, your children or someone you know, use the emergency numbers on this page.
Or, talk to us about how the Wrap Around Family Violence service could help you.
Worried About Someone You know?
Domestic violence revolves around fear. Violent behaviour forms patterns of power and control – with family members often afraid for their lives.
Family violence can be physical, psychological, emotional or sexual. It is not always obvious to those outside of the household, but the effects of living in fear and being maipulated and controlled are very damaging.
Just one incident of physical or sexual violence, even the threat of it, can be enough to make family members live in fear.